There are multiple ways to reach Wheaton Regional Park from the Capital Beltway. The simplest is to take the Georgia Avenue exit and go north to Shorefield Road. However, the traffic on Georgia Avenue is quite heavy. Following are alternate routes that are somewhat less congested:
From the inner loop of the Capital Beltway driving east.
1. Take the exit for Connecticut Avenue north towards Kensington. There is a single exit ramp for both directions on Connecticut Ave.
2. Turn left from the exit ramp onto Connecticut Avenue. Stay on that road and pass through Kensington.
3. University Boulevard splits off to the right. Stay in the left lanes to continue on Connecticut Avenue.
4. After passing Viers Mill Road turn right at the next light and follow Randolph Road going east.
5. Turn right at the traffic light for Georgia Avenue and go south for a short distance on that road.
6. Turn left at the traffic light for Shorefield Road and continue until the end of that road to enter Wheaton Regional Park.
From the outer loop of the Capital Beltway driving west.
1. Take the exit for University Boulevard going north.
2. Continue along University Boulevard across Route 29 at Four Corners.
3. Turn right at the traffic light for Arcola Avenue.
4. Take Arcola Avenue to the traffic light at Georgia Avenue. Turn right to go north on Georgia Avenue.
5. Turn right at the traffic light for Shorefield Road and continue until the end of that road to enter Wheaton Regional Park.