Polo Club Village
pavel trail except for mulched trail in Sunrise Valley Park
meadows, homes, streets, wetlands
This walk will take you on a circular tour of Polo Club Village including
a walk through Sunrise Valley Park and a view of the local express bus terminal
that will later become a Metro Station.
The walk starts on the wide asphalt path on the south side of Thunder Chase
Drive across from the access road to the tennis courts. This is halfway between
Club Pond Lane and Players Pond Lane. There is adequate street parking for
several cars without parking in front of the houses on that street.
- Take the asphalt path south away from the access road to the tennis courts.
An asphalt trail intersects from the right after crossing the first bridge.
Continue straight on the present trail.
- A short asphalt trail intersects from the left and leads into a play area.
There is a basketball court next to the play area. Continue on the wide
asphalt trail as it turns to the right. After a short distance an asphalt
path intersects from the left. This path leads into Stratton Woods Park.
Continue straight on the present path.
- The trail crosses Colts Brook Drive. Continue straight on the present
trail. It will make several turns to the right after going between the houses.
- The trail comes to a play area on the right. Ahead there is a bridge and
a basketball court to the left. Turn right after crossing the bridge.
- The path intersects with Tournament Drive. Turn right to follow the sidewalk
to the end of that street.
- At the end of Tournament Drive cross Colts Brook Drive and turn left onto
the sidewalk on the other side.
- Turn right at Sunrise Valley Drive and follow the sidewalk along the street
for about half a block.
- Look across Sunrise Valley Drive for a large sign marking Sunrise Valley
Park. If traffic conditions warrant cross Sunrise Valley Drive (there is
no crosswalk nearby) and enter Sunrise Valley Park between the sign and
the fire hydrant to the left of the sign. If traffic is too heavy stay on
the sidewalk along Sunrise Valley Drive and skip to point 16 in the directions.
- After entering the park turn left to follow the mulched path. There will
be a display board on your right.
- Turn right at the next mulched trail intersection.
- The trail crosses a bridge over the wetlands.
- At the other end of the bridge turn left to follow the mulched path behind
- After passing the building the trail turns right and follows a wooden
walkway back to Sunrise Valley Drive.
- Turn left onto the asphalt path along Sunrise Valley Drive.
- The next street is an entrance to the bus terminal. There are numerous
bus stops at the rear of the terminal. There is also a direct connection
to the westbound Dulles Toll Road from the terminal.
- Cross Sunrise Valley Drive in the crosswalk from the terminal. There is
a traffic light at this intersection with pedestrian controls. Turn left
and follow the sidewalk east along Sunrise Valley Drive.
- A wide asphalt path intersects from the right. Turn right to follow the
- An asphalt path intersects from the right. Continue straight on the present
- An asphalt path intersects from the left. Continue straight on the present
- Asphalt paths intersect from the right and the left. Take the asphalt
path to the left alongside the basketball court. The basketball court should
be on your right.
- After crossing the bridge take the path to the right at the play area.
- The path intersects with Darius Lane. Turn right and follow the sidewalk
to the end.
- The sidewalk ends prior to the end of the street. Continue a short distance
to the end of the street and take the wide asphalt path at the very end
of the street.
- After crossing the bridge take the intersecting asphalt trail to the left.
- At the next trail intersection take the asphalt trail to the right and
pass the gazebo and tennis courts on the right. The trail follows the short
parking lot access road back to Thunder Chase Drive where the walk started.
Next - Pictorial Directions
Home - Contents