North Point West
North Point West
Length: 2.6 miles
Surface: paved trails
Exposure: sun and shade
Surroundings: shopping center, streets, fields and
- This walk starts on Reston Parkway at Center Harbor Road. Take the asphalt
trail south on Reston Parkway with the North Point Village Center on your
right. The building pictured is a service station.
- Cross Lake Newport Road and notice the soccer field and parking lot on
your right. Continue south on Reston Parkway.
- Cross Bennington Woods Road. Reston Parkway makes a gentle curve to the
left. A row of evergreens screens the houses on your right.
- The evergreens end and a baseball field will appear on your right. Turn
right on the wide asphalt trail between the field and the homes.
- The baseball field ends and the area on the left becomes wooded. Continue
on the present trail through the woods and do not take the side path shown
on the left.
- Take the crosswalk across Bennington Woods Road. Turn right and take the
crosswalk across Walnut Branch Road. Turn left and walk west on the asphalt
path along Walnut Branch Road.
- Turn right onto the trail at the entrance to the Autumnwood Recreation
Area. The path follows the entrance road to the pool parking lot
- The asphalt trail turns into a concrete sidewalk. Follow the sidewalk
past the building where it becomes an asphalt trail again. Follow the asphalt
trail past the pool entrance.
- Take the first trail to the right after the swimming pool. Follow the
trail along the swimming pool fence towards the back of the pool.
- The trail enters a petroleum pipeline right of way and proceeds up the
- Near the top of the hill this trail ends at another trail just prior to
a town house parking lot. Turn left onto this trail through the woods. Note
the Reston Association trail marker number 22 at this turn. You will be
walking backwards along the Reston Association "Pink Trail" from
this point until marker number 17 at Reston Parkway.
- Stay on this trail until you reach the day care center shown. Continue
on the trail to the left at this point.
- The trail intersects with Lake Newport Road across from the Armstrong
School. Cross the road in the crosswalk to the school side.
- Take the trail to the right up the hill along Lake Newport Road.
- Pass a trail on the left going into the woods. Continue up the hill on
the trail along Lake Newport Road.
- After crossing Elk Point Drive and passing a house a trail will be seen
to the left passing through a petroleum pipeline right of way. Take this
trail along the pipeline. Note the houses in the distance. You will be walking
just prior to those houses.
- Take the wide trail to the right just prior to the back of the homes on
Quail Ridge Court. You will see marker 18 for the Reston Association "Pink
Trail" at this location. Do not turn right onto any of the narrow trails
along the pipeline prior to this marker.
- The trail enters the woods going up hill.
- Near the top of the hill a trail branches to the left. Continue on the
trail to the right.
- The trail intersects with a trail along Reston Parkway. This is the end
of the trail markers for the Pink Trail as it turns to the left. You should
take the trail to the right following Reston Parkway south.
- The trail crosses Great Owl Drive. Continue along Reston Parkway. The
people shown are returning from shopping at the North Point Village Center.
- After walking one more block arrive back at the entrance to the North
Point Village Center.
Next - Pictorial
Home - Contents