Lake Newport Pool
Elevation Profile of Walk
Lake Newport Pool
elevation change: 90 feet
paved trail and sidewalks
sun and shade
lake, homes, roads, fields
This walks starts from the parking area at the first intersection to the
left on Browns Chapel Road coming from Baron Cameron Avenue.
- Follow the path on the East Side of the parking area past the front of
the small office building heading north towards the lake. The path turns
left and follows the shoreline of the lake on the right with houses on the
- Another asphalt trail intersects with the right side going to a dock.
Continue straight on the present path.
- The path crosses Lake Newport Road and goes down a hill on the other side
of that road.
- The path turns left upon reaching Lake Newport.
- The path goes up a hill between homes.
- The path intersects with Greenwich Point Road. After crossing that road
turn left and follow the sidewalk along that road.
- The sidewalk ends at North Village Road. Cross that road and take the
asphalt trail to the left up the hill along that road with the road to the
- The trail intersects with Lake Newport Road for a second time. Cross that
road and turn right to follow the asphalt trail along that road turning
left at the first trail intersection to enter the pool parking area.
- Follow the sidewalk along the pool parking area. After passing the pool
turn left at the first asphalt trail leading from the parking area.
- At the next trail intersection turn right. There should be trees on the
left and a field on your right.
- The trail leads into a concrete sidewalk in front of homes along Bennington
Woods Court. Continue straight until the next sidewalk. Turn left to walk
between the homes.
- The trail joins a sidewalk in front of homes on Stowe Court. After passing
the homes turn right to follow the path along the entrance road.
- Cross Bennington Woods Road and take the sidewalk along the West Side
of Stowe Road.
- At the end of Stowe Road take the wide asphalt trail down the steep hill.
- At the asphalt trail intersection turn left. Follow that trail with Baron
Cameron Avenue on your right.
- An asphalt trail intersects from the left. Continue straight on the present
trail following Baron Cameron Avenue.
- The trail goes down the hill through a small meadow with a water-retaining
basin on the left. The picture for this location shows a large butterfly
feasting on the wildflowers in the meadow.
- The path crosses North Village Road. It then passes tennis courts on the
- Turn left at the parking area access road to return to the start of this
Home - Contents