paved trail and sidewalks
sun and shade
lake, homes, shops
here to view the starting point on Google Maps.
here for trail
map in pdf format for printing.
This walk just includes Lake Anne. The Lake Anne Extended walk also includes
the area around the Lake Anne School. The directions for this walk circle
Lake Anne in a counter-clockwise direction unlike the other walk. This gives
an entirely different perspective on things. The walk starts at the Lake Anne
- Walk towards the Huron House (the tall building at the end of the plaza
with the shops on the right and the water on the left.
- Turn right to follow the water at the end of the Huron House.
- The trail crosses a bridge. Continue straight up the hill to Waterview
Cluster. Do not turn right onto the trail along the water.
- Upon reaching the street follow the sidewalk to the left.
- At the end of the street the sidewalk becomes an asphalt path. Continue
straight on the path.
- The trail intersects with another trail. Go left to follow the lake.
- The trail becomes a sidewalk in front of another group of homes. Stay
on the sidewalk.
- At the end of the homes the sidewalk turns into an asphalt path again
and goes behind some homes with the lake on the left.
- After reaching the front of the homes on the left turn left to follow
the sidewalk in front of the homes.
- The sidewalk turns into an asphalt path and cuts between the homes at
the other end of the street.
- The asphalt path emerges onto a cul-de-sac at the end of South Shore Road.
Follow the sidewalk to the left to the other end of the road.
- Take the asphalt path between the homes at the other end of South Shore
- The trail merges with a trail along Wiehle Avenue. Continue on the trail
across the Lake Anne Dam.
- The trail intersects with Inlet Court. Take the sidewalk to the left up
- Take the asphalt trail at the end of the street to the right of the cul-de-sac.
- The trail goes down a grassy hill.
- Turn left at the wye in the path and go up the hill.
- Stay to the left at the top of the hill.
- Turn right onto the sidewalk and follow the street (Waters Edge Lane).
- Just prior to the next intersection turn left to follow the sidewalk by
the play equipment. This leads to a continuation of Waters Edge Lane.
- Follow the sidewalk to the end of this section of Waters Edge Lane.
- Take the wide sidewalk up a small hill to the right of the end of Waters
- The sidewalk passes a building on the right and a parking area on the
left. Continue until the sidewalk meets a driveway entrance.
- At the driveway entrance cross diagonally left to reach an asphalt trail
next to the trash area.
- The trail reaches a street with a parking area. Cross the street diagonally
to the right.
- Walk down the steps through the building to re-enter the shopping area
where you started. You may want to visit the Reston Museum on the left as
you enter the plaza. It is open on weekends and admission is free.
Next - Pictorial Directions
Home - Contents